Work in progress of a Chicagoan who loves pretty things, good food, and the occasional socio-political commentary.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Something of an outfit of the night post

Since moving into Chicago from the suburbs, I've been spending a bit more time out with friends and family than I have in the past.  As I'm trying to move away from the "more clothes is better" mantra and more towards that of "key versatile pieces is ideal", I've been mixing and matching some of my favorite, most flattering pieces each time I head out, and the compliments are constantly flowing.

About a week ago, I went for drinks and a Flosstradamus support show with my roommate and a few friends.  The picture below was taken at our private side room in Drumbar and features a few of my favorite, most worn pieces (as well as freshly cut, slightly awkward bangs).

Sleeveless collared shirt (asymmetrical and sheer), TJ/TK Maxx; Black lace skirt: Laundry by Shelli Segal (old - nordstrom.com); Bag: Rebecca Minkoff M.A.C. in raspberry (rebeccaminkoff.com); bangles and bracelets: heirloom and vintage; raffia wedges (not visible): Steve Madden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment