Work in progress of a Chicagoan who loves pretty things, good food, and the occasional socio-political commentary.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How should one define "Morning Person"?

As far as I'm concerned, one of the greatest joys in life is nap time, or linger in bed time.  I love to lounge. Lounging, taking my time, poking around, then madly rushing to and from wherever I need to be make my life what I consider to be a well rounded one.


The only downside to this lounge-rush pattern is that, on some occasions, you wind up going to nearly half 10 in the morning without noticing you have eyeliner smudged on your nose.  Of course, by half 10, you've already had face to face interactions with your team and supervisors... not to mention you've most likely ridden the L with hundreds of strangers whose sunglasses couldn't possibly help hide the big coffee colored line in the middle of your face (MAC's Teddy is my daily go-to).


Luckily, today's miniature snafu can be sidelined by a new obsession: coffee ice cubes!


Generally, I put a few in a large mouthed water bottle and let them melt a little on my way to work before dumping a mini creamer into the mix.  Today, however, I snagged a little of my roommate's insanely delicious smelling crème brûlée flavored low cal creamer and let the cubes melt in it on the commute.... While I feel slightly guilty for snagging the creamer, I'm officially in heaven.  Yes, I realize chemical creamers are innately disgusting and no, I regularly do not like sugar in my coffee, but somehow my taste buds knew it would be a rough go this morning and decided to rescue me preemptively.  You've gotta try this.


Right now we're riding on the roomie's leftover Starbucks House Blend from the morning - filling the ice cube tray with it in the afternoon and then dumping the cubes into a container once frozen (repeating the next day).  The flavor would probably be better with Kickapoo or whatever the tasty Trader Joe's coffee is that my mom loves, but I'm no coffee snob and the slow melt keeps me from doing the chug-jitter-bug all morning long.


This evening I plan to upload a few pics of my recent obsessions and favorites, and this summer staple will be included.


Until then, double check the mirror before you leave the house and have a fantastic morning!


Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment