Work in progress of a Chicagoan who loves pretty things, good food, and the occasional socio-political commentary.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Stella for spring and summer

Fashion is certainly something I love to talk about, think about, look at, pet....  But something that is even closer to my heart is the environment.  It's not always easy to blend eco-friendly with fashion-forward, so those who can impress me beyond words.
Stella McCartney's collaborations with companies like Adidas, H&M and Target have helped bring eco friendly fashion into the public eye (and to the athlete's foot - I'm completely dedicated to her line of Adidas Response trainers!).

While we're all huddling indoors cranking the heat and I'm sleeping with a full length fur coat as an extra bed spread, one of the quickest ways we can kick the seasonal blues is to start planning our spring and summer wardrobes.  Stella's Spring '12 line is architectural, unusual and (as always) eco friendly, to boot.
Here are my top picks from her Spring line, followed by those from her summer.
These spring looks are avante-garde yet ultra wearable.  I love her use of bold colors and chunky stripes; most collections have leaned towards the pastels and floral appliques this year - she livens everything up a bit!  .... yes, most of these picks are black and white - I just can't help myself!

  
While I adore the spring line and its edge, I can honestly say I am obsessed with her summer looks.  Summer collections don't usually entice me all that much - they generally seem either scandalous or standard.  Stella takes her appreciation for comfort and whisks it up with a touch of bold this year.  I love the use of sheer screens in the form fitting dresses and am head over heels for the billowy, sexy feel of many of the pieces. Color blocking is very hot right now and will continue to be - I love how she balances the trend with subtle patterns and lace. While her spring collection may be a little more difficult for shorty's like me to pull off, these summer pieces are bound to be flattering, comfortable and guaranteed show stoppers:

No comments:

Post a Comment